Services We Offer
Self Storage Owners and Operators
In addition to our self storage auction services, we currently offer the following category of services to our self storage clients:
Unit Lock-Cuts and Inventories:
Once your self storage tenant’s account goes in to lien status, the tenant’s lock(s) must be cut and their unit inventoried. This is how our lock-cut and inventory program works:
- H.D.A.I. employee makes arrangement with facility manager when to arrive.
- The facility manager provides the list of units to be processed.
- The tenant’s lock(s) are cut and removed, and the unit door is opened.
- The unit contents are inventoried on to a facility specific inventory form.
- A digital photograph is taken of the unit contents and attached to the inventory form.
- The unit door is closed, and a numbered seal is attached to the unit door hasp.
- The unit inventory form w/ photo is provided to the facility manager.
Benefits of our Lock-Cut / Inventory Service and Protection for our Client:
- Our price is per unit, regardless of the number of doors or locks.
- The facility manager will accompany the H.D.A.I. employee as a witness.
- The H.D.A.I. technician will not enter the unit, except to capture VIN on vehicle.
- The facility manager will place the company over lock, back on to unit hasp.
- All materials will be supplied by Hammer Down Auctions, Inc.
- Cutting the tenant lock discovers empty or abandoned units sooner, rather than later.
Records and Lien Searches for Vehicles / Vessels in Foreclosure:
Hammer Down Auctions, Inc. has a direct link to Florida’s DMV database, which enables us to provide fast and accurate results to our clients. Our vehicle records search results includes comprehensive vehicle information including: Make, Model, VIN number, Title number, Owner Information, and Lien Holder information. Our vessel records search includes comprehensive vessel information including: Make, Model, Hull I.D. number, “FL” number, Decal number, Owner information, and Lien Holder information. All of our record searches include a detailed “findings report”, which includes explicit instructions to the facility manager regarding the proper certification requirements and legal publication requirements. Our expertise in this area ensures a legal lien sale of any and all vehicles or vessels.
Self Storage Facility -Consultations Regarding the Entire Foreclosure Process:
Because of our vast self storage management experience, we we have the knowledge and background to provide our clients consultations regarding the entire self storage foreclosure process. Our consultation topics include late and lien fee structures, the timing of your lock-cuts, U.C.C. searches, and various legal issues which can impact the foreclosure process.